Probably the center of the universe!
PRICE PER NIGHT
1100 kr. per person – electricity is 900 kr. per tent
A wonderful way to explore the country.
But just because you plan on “roughing” it, does not mean you cant enjoy all the best comforts South Central offers. Showers, swimming, sports, electricity and clean toilets are only a few of the things that our luxury campsite offers
There are of course many attractions and activities close by the campsite.
One of the finest campsites in the south.
Facilities and the area is exemplary.
Selfoss, Flúðir and Árnes are the near by villages, all in about 15-20 minutes driving distance from the campsite.
In the immediate vicinity of South Central Camping is Hestakráin (local pub). Only 15 minutes walking distance.
There are beautiful hiking paths in the area. Vörðufell, Hestfjall and Miðfell are popular mountains for hiking, not to mention Þjórsárdalur which contains endless possibilities for outdoor enthusiasts who want to learn about nature on their own terms.
Electricity is available. Each link is 10 amp. and is charged extra.
The playing field is always popular. There are soccer goals and a lot of open space that can be used for various sports.
Showers and WC
There are very good sanitary facilities in the area, and showers are available around the clock.
The preschool Playground is located beside the campsite and is open to visitors on weekends and during the school summer holidays.
The Swimming pool is very popular and the sauna has been a popular attraction for visitors and the local people. A great way to spend the day with the family during your travels through Iceland.
There are a few simple rules that you need to get familiar with. They are there for your safety and connivance.
- It is permitted to drive on to the campground and park by you tent or trailer.
- If the car used during the stay it shall be parked to the parking lot.
- Please try to keep your driving on the camping ground to a minimum.
- Between 23:30 and 09:00 driving is strictly forbidden on the camping ground.
- Please keep quiet after midnight and show your fellow travellers respect.
- General Icelandic rules about public indecency and intoxication apply on the camping grounds.
- Dogs are allowed on the grounds as long as they are leashed and do not disturb other campers.
- Please respect your surroundings and clean up after your selves.
Brautarholt Skeiða- & Hrunamannavegur
801 Selfoss, Iceland